BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The BSc. I.T. programme of BKCMT is designed· to provide basic inputs for a broad understanding of Information Technology and its interfaces. The focus is on Information Technology and I.T. Management. Today smart, successful businesses use I.T. to give them an extra-edge to stay ahead of the competition. I.T. is soon becoming a ‘driver’ rather than an ‘enabler’· of business. It is used for processes like Office Automation, Management Information Systems for fast decision making, R & D, re-engineering and organisational transformation. The programme takes the student beyond computer skills to telecommunication systems and networking to e-commerce, internet security and Enterprise Resource Planning.
Affiliated to Punjab Technical University
The applicant should have passed the 10 + 2 or equivalent examination in any stream, conducted by a Recognized Board / University /Council or 3 year Diploma from a State Board of Technical Education.
The selection of the candidate shall be strictly on the basis of merit.
3 Years, Full Time, Under Graduate Degree
• One can go for the job in software companies like Info-sys, TCS, Google, Tech-Mahindra, WIPRO and some others software companies.
• He/She may go for the higher studies. They may do MSc. (IT) or MBA course depending on their interest.
• To disseminate knowledge through education and training of graduates in the field of computer applications.
• To focus on teaching – learning, research and consultancy to promote excellence in computer applications.
• To foster graduates with opportunities required to explore, create and face challenges of IT related industries.
• To equip the graduates with the necessary skills in communication, team work and leadership qualities to meet the needs of the IT related sector globally.
• To disseminate the outcome of projects and research work undertaken by the department through appropriate measures for the benefit of society and industry.